Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Proud Mama!

I have 6 girls.. 3 of which are teenagers. We are bound to have ornery girl moments in this house. Unfortunately we run into big moments and big break down every so often.  Tonight we had one of those.

Now I'm working really hard on my mothering skills, which yes I have had to really work on them at times.

To make this story shorter than it really is, 2 of my daughters poopy butt #1 and poopy butt #2 became upset with each other. Hurtful things were said, and stupid actions were made.  Big Mama had to come out from her cave and force upon her growl and make them sit together and talk.

One started crying and really poor her heart out apologizing for her harsh words.. and the other one shocked the poopers out of me! She started saying, "I don't think I can accept your apology"  And my thoughts at that moment were, " Oh great... its going to be a freaking LONG night".  But as she continued she made it perfectly clear how much she loved her and how she feels SO blessed to have her with her and how she needed to realize the things she says really hurts.  She said some harsh but very true things and I loved hearing every hard moment of it. I even started tearing up. I've never seen her open up like this and pour her heart out. It was a good moment after all =)

I left the room and told them they needed to talk with out me in the room.. so hopefully it all ended well with both sides. But as my title says, I sure am one Proud Mama!!!!
Now I need to get poop out of my mind.. My children all rub off on me a little too much some days!

=)

No comments: