Monday, September 1, 2014

School rules!

So its that time of year again.  The time were money gets tight and kids empty the house. Yay School is in session!

I find it funny how we're all so excited for summer to begin and yet we are super excited when its over too.  I really do love 8 children home ALL day, fighting, making a mess, whining.. ect... ;) But now they can actually get their brains working again. I'm happy!

I've only made things harder for me this year. I signed 3 of my children up in a charter school which is a 20 minute drive there. And my kindergartener is going to the school in our boundary which starts the same time my other 3 kids school starts. I've put one of my teens in an online public school and another teen goes to a school 25 minutes away (luckily the same direction as my other 3). My oldest daughter is my easiest. She gets to and from school all by herself.

I think I'm officially crazy.

One thing my father said, which I agree (which is why i'm doing this all) "We strive to do the best for our kids, and Education should be on top"

The first 2 weeks of School my dad was doing most of it. He ran my kids to school while I was recovering from my surgery I recently had. Tomorrow will be my first day to figure it all out and get my own schedule going. I pray it will go smoother then my brain is processing it. After all, if my dad did it, I can too, right?! 

I am blessed for everything I have in my life. My husband who does so much for me and our family. My kids who do their best and truly show what family is all about. My extended family who really cares about the meaning of family and makes efforts to stay in touch. My friends who make everything better when you really feel like everything isn't going right. And one very important family, My foster care family (all the parents I've met through our fostering)!!

God sure does love me enough to bless me with all of this!


=)

~moi

1 comment:

Kris E. said...

You are awesome - Super Mom!