Sunday, November 8, 2009

November!

Well it's been a fun fun month so far!!! This weekend, soon to be past weekend, Scott ran in the demolition derby! His brother Trevor ran the first night (Friday) and Scott ran yesterday. What a blast this adventure was. Scott ran it last year too. It was held at the State fair. We (mainly I, but Scott and Gabe did help) made the car look like a dog. We wanted to win in the beauty contest, but they cheat so we didn't win.. LOL. I think Trevor and Scott did a pretty good job in the derby, even tho neither one of them won. The car was awesome! They built it and kept it going. Scott got stuck in the mud and due to him being in one spot for too long, they dis-qualified him.. bummer!

Gabe REALLY enjoyed watching the derby. He was so in-tuned. I watched his face and the expressions he made cracked me up! Dominic was enjoying it too. He pretty much sat there staring at the show the whole time, just not as much expression as Gabe.
I had the joy of being in the pit both nights (the first night Scott and I went up to the bleachers during the main event..)

Scott and I have started going to the temple once a week. I can't explain the blessing we are receiving. I'm sure its partly because of the things we're doing. We really have stepped up in making our family closer, and doing the things we really need to be doing. We've really made strong efforts to staying all 3 meetings during church (sometimes we use to skip out after half of church). And we've really been good at reading scriptures most nights, along with family prayer. We've even been good about having the missionaries over for dinner, which has been really nice since they always leave us with a little message or lesson. And knowing we're helping them out is always a great feeling. We've always been very good about paying tithing!!

I'm just glad we have this opportunity to be apart of this Gospel and return home to Heavenly Father. It truly is the word of God, and I pray every night that those who need that spiritual guidance, will really listen and come to Christ.
My testimony has grown so much since we've been making more efforts in doing the right things, and it's funny when I say my testimony has grown. Its not like I don't believe it more, because I believe it the same.. but I just feel so much happier, and really am able to feel the spirit in our home all the time. It's a nice feeling:)

Well I'll post pictures of the derby later, I really need to go to bed :)

No comments: