Monday, February 7, 2011

A few Bumps in the road.

I decided to finally write about this. I think I was hesitant because I was afraid of bad news. But having that feeling its not so bad anymore, makes it easier to write about:)

About a month ago, I went into the drs. Simply for a back pain. I mentioned this annoying thing my fingers do when they get cold (they turn white) and so my dr insisted on doing some blood work. A few hours after blood work, they call me. "Rachel, your white blood cells seem kind of high, do you have any symptoms of a bladder infection?" The nurse asked. "Why no, I feel fine in that respect." I replied. Now I didn't know much about WBC and what it meant to be high. So I did a little research. Isn't the Internet great! Usually it means you have an infection of some sort. So that is what the good ol'Dr was going to try to figure out. I went back a week later and had blood drawn to see what my count was... and of course, it doubled in a week. So we did some more testing to eliminate common bacterial infections. My doctor was puzzled. Couldn't find anything. So his biggest worry now, Leukemia. So more blood work, yay. My arms.. my poor bruised arms... (I can whine about something, right?) Well a few days ago he calls and tells me, thankfully its not leukemia! Which I'm very happy and relieved. I was a bit on the edge for a while though.. Scary thoughts flashed through my head.

So now, he gave me a really strong antibiotic, and will test again in a few weeks to see where my WBC is. Don't know why he didn't do this before the Leukemia scare.. lol. But hey, if it solves the problem, I'm great with that.

Oh, the cold white finger problem, I have Raynauds disease. Which isn't anything serious.. I just have to keep my fingers warm, or I will get white fingers..lol.
My back pain, they are thinking its a disc. I've been doing physical therapy, so hopefully that will work :)
I hate getting older LOL.
Oh, I had some moles removed, which were all ok -)

Well I will keep this thing updated =)

Moi~

No comments: