To me, it's interesting how one child (or 5 children) can change your prospective on life. It's also interesting to me how much love can grow for such human being in such a short time.
This past week was Christmas. I enjoyed spending time with family the whole weekend. I unfortunately felt sick most of the trip, and every whiny moments with the kids only made it that much worse for me. But over all, I enjoyed the weekend. I'm completely blessed to have a wonderful husband who takes great care of me, and all 5 kids!
On to another subject..
We tend to learn from our experiences, right? Well I have to admit, fostering these beautiful children have taught me more than I expected. We all have our opinions on how things should be, whether its raising our kids, religious beliefs or even just how to dress. The one thing I first struggled with, was learning the situation with the girls mother, and fathers. Of course there is the normal feeling, anger. And the feelings of hope of adoption, so the kids could be in a better place. I've learned to keep my opinions to myself (and my really close friends lol). It's not my place to criticize or judge. After all, they ARE human, just like me. I make mistakes, just like they do. My mistakes may differ from theirs, but over all, they are all mistakes.
One thing I never expected me to feel, was love for the birth mom, and dads. I really feel for their situation, and for the fact that they may never have their children back. Seeing the love that Narissa (the oldest girl) has for her dad, and knowing that love will never go away, even after all he's done, really breaks ones heart. But she does love him (and her mom). And that, I do respect.
I read something today that really made me think. One of my distant friends seemed frustrated with another one of her friends choices. She ranted and raved about how her friend was choosing to live her life. But really, is it any of her business? I sure have ppl I could rant and rave about, but it doesn't change the fact that its their life, and how ever they want to live it, right or wrong, they get to chose the way they do it. One of God's blessings of giving us the power to have choice and accountability =)
Anyways... I should make the children get ready for bed.. yippeee...
:)
Moi~
2 comments:
Maybe the choices our loved ones make aren't necessarily our "business," but when you care about someone, you want them to be happy. It's heartbreaking when they make wrong choices and we see how they are suffering, but there is nothing we can do for them because we can't force them to do what's right. You're right, though, ranting and raving over it won't change things. But sometimes that's all we feel like we can do.
Very true Rachel... As I usually rant and rave to Scott, its SOOO nice to have someone so close to you, to rant and rave, wrong or right! =)
Post a Comment