Saturday, December 17, 2011

Winter Chill........

Cold air that breezes through your nostrils. Foggy mist that leaves your mouth...

Sounds so pretty, yet super annoying.

So I found this story I started on, like ages ago... I so want to continue writing it. So many ideas rushed into my head as I began reading it again. Ooooh... yaaaa.. Maybe I'll have to share it on here some time.

Anyways, its late.. my throat hurts... I want to sleep... but something is keeping me up! Stupid night time meds aren't working. And it's not like I ever take them, so my body isn't use to this stuff.. ah well.. I'll make the best of it. I got you, my precious blog.. and what readers I have, if any.

This week has been not so fun. And I have a feeling this coming week might be miserable too.
Dominic came down with a nasty high fever. I was so happy when the following day of his fever, to find it had disappeared.... Bath time was needed.. he smelled funny. Taking off his jammies, only to find red bumps everywhere was not appealing. My happiness disappeared quickly.
Maybe I could scrub the ugly red bumps off, I thought.. haha not seriously, but my wish for them to be swallowed down by the drain was somewhere in the back of my mind. Of course the fever returned later that day.. and Dominic said to me, "Mommy, you made me hot again!!!!!!" He claimed because he had a bath, his fever returned.
So off to the Dr we went. I looked online before going to the Drs, and I already had guessed it being Scarlet fever.
Good thing for meds!
For those of you who don't know what Scarlet fever is, its basically Strep throat with a high fever and a ugly rash. It could be dangerous if the fever gets high enough. And as ugly as the rash was, its nothing to be worried about.

My throat started hurting today.. ugh! I love Dominic... but next time when he's sick, I wont kiss him so much.. hahaha.

Today Destry was acting unusual. All she would do was sleep. And she did puke last night. I took her into the Drs just in case she was coming down with Strep, or worse, scarlet fever. They took the strep test, which came back negative. So now I have to wait it out and hope its just her going through a growth spurt or something not serious.

well I think the drugs I took are finally kicking in... So I shall say goodnight :)

Moi~

1 comment:

Rachel K said...

Wow, scarlet fever sounds so serious. Glad to hear it's not. I hope your little ones feel better soon! And you! We had an icky flu run rampant through the family last week. Not fun. I'm so glad that's over.