Monday, January 21, 2013

Living Healthy

FYI.. This post was actually writen in July of 2012.. I just discovered it after I wrote my last post I just barely wrote! SOO ya.. here it is :) I sat here for at least 10 minutes trying to figure out what to type about. I have lots of new things going on in my life but find myself so busy and lack of interest in my blog. It kind of saddens me that I feel that way since I love writing in here. My family is quickly growing... and I'm loving it. I guess I kinda miss being involved in a big crazy hectic family atmosphere and to be honest, since we moved to Utah, family hasn't been the same (I do miss the times we had in Az). Its like we live in a whole knew world almost! But thats o.k.! Because this is where building my own personal family comes in. Which has been great for me and my already here family =) Im not putting too much thought into our new foster children (yes we have 2 awesome girls) being adopted since its way too early to know if thats going to happen.. but if it works out to be that way, then it will happen. When we decided to continue fostering, our thoughts were just foster.. no more adopt. Simply because even though we are doing this to help the kids, we figured we could start looking into doing this as a job as well. When I was a single mother, I lived with a good friend of mine whos mother ran a foster home. It was actually more like a group foster home. And it was also Structure care, which is the higher challenged teenagers. Higher challenged? Maybe thats the wrong wording for it. It was fun working there. I enjoyed the girls that were there too. And now, considering where I'm at in life, I feel this is something I can really enjoy doing. Our new foster kids are teenagers (13 and 14). I can't tell you how many people have told me I'm apsolutely crazy for taking in teens. But man, I'm starting to think we should have done this from the get go... (not really, I am VERY happy I have my 3 girls) But you know, I really get teens! I know they could lie, boy crazy, try to get away with whatever they can, mood swings.. ect... and I also know if you can manage to let them know you know, and you still love them.. things can turn out awesome. The two girls I have now are just totally awesome. It's been so fun with them here.. and the best part is i'm not an 'evil' step mom who's butting into their life, stealing their dad away. That was way harder then this.. Im super excited to see where the road takes me from here! Moi~

No comments: