Along with the big things that matter too!
The past few months have been super busy, crazy and draining. My family has had enough for a life time. But what doesn't kill us, will hopefully make us stronger.
We started off moving to Tooele with my Sister and mom to help us save money while we sold our house. Things really weren't all that cozy and I could have stayed longer if it wasn't for my crazy mother. I figured if I wanted some what of a relationship with her, we needed to get out.. like ASAP. So there went our saving money .. lol. I think we were there for just about a month, give or take.
So we found a rental house big enough for us and close enough to our house we were building. It actually worked out better, then the older kids wouldn't have to change schools since they were able to go to the same school when we moved in our new house. We rented that house for 3 months which ended up perfect. Our house was finally done the end of November and we were able to have thanksgiving in our new home.
It's been about a month now in our new house and we are about to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. We like to really embellish on Christ's birthday vs. Santa Clause. In fact, all of our kids know Santa isn't real. We teach them that Santa is a fun idea and a holiday tradition for many, but we are more about focusing on Christ. We get our kids only a few presents and then will celebrate Christ.
_____________________________________________________________________________
Major Update.... I can't believe its been that long since I started this post that I didn't finish. Its almost a year old!! I have difficulties keep up on this, obviously. So we've been in our home a year now. Scott has built 3 bedrooms down in our basement and he just has 1 more bedroom, a bathroom and the theater room left. He's amazing,
We have a new foster daughter. Well she isn't 'new'. She's been with us since February. We are hoping to adopt her. I know we've said no more adopting, but the Lord works in mysterious ways.
We've had some rough times with some of the kids. But we continue to pray for guidance and help. We truly love our children and we are grateful for the life experiences, even though some days I wonder what the crap I got myself into.
Taylor, our oldest daughter is now married. She graduated from high school and I hope still plans to attend college. We are happy that she is happy and even though she has reconnected with her bio family and has less communication with us, we will always love her and wish her the best. We do still keep in contact and we are grateful for any contact we get <3 p="">
Rosalie is getting ready to graduate high school. She has a small hill to climb to make it happen but I think she will be dedicated enough to get it done. We are proud of her hard work and love and cherish her very much!
Jasmyne has been a struggle. We have such high hope for her and really pray she can over come the struggles she has. Unfortunately she can't live at home right now. I'm thankful for my sister who can help us by keeping her apart of the family while she lives at her house.
Gabriel struggles having so many girls in the home. I know deep down he loves everyone in our family and I know he is grateful for his sisters =D. He is doing online school this year and I'm proud of him for sticking with it this far. He's always struggled wanting to stay in it a month or so out. He has his goals of sticking with it the whole year and maybe even doing it 1 more year of HS. We have had some sad moments with him. His Bio father has really got into his head when it comes to the church. It breaks my heart that his dad is such a strong influence on him. I am all for Gabe finding himself and wanting him to make up his own mind, and I do tell him this. But just the way he talks, makes me realize his dad has some power over him. I hope he can one day make choices for himself instead of being influenced.
Michelle has really struggled missing her Bio family. My heart breaks for her because I know her heart is broken too. She is having a hard time focusing on our family relationships and I think is trying to detach herself because of this. I hate drugs and the things they do to destroy families (this is what her bio parents are struggling with). I know we can work through these things and hope she can one day realize how much we love her.
Dominic is such a peace maker. He does tend to be a little more emotional but I think he gets that from his mama. And yes, he is a mama's boy. He is doing good with all of the other kids. In fact he is probably the only one who doesn't have much of a personality conflict with anyone. For that, I'm grateful for.
Jordyn and Megan have their struggles too, just in different ways. We are working hard with some of their disabilities (they were both drug babies) and have some good days and some pretty tough ones. But on the plus side, we have help! I have faith!
Well I have yet to sleep... and I guess I should get at least a couple of hours before I start my day!
Moi~
3>
2 comments:
Jill I am always so amazed by how much you do for those kids. I have no idea how hard it must be, especially since we don't see you very often. But they will be all the better for having your influence in their lives! Keep it up and hold on to your faith. :)
Thanks!! Holding onto faith is the one thing that gets me through the day =)
Post a Comment