I sit here and think "which topic would I like to type about?" I have so many! Sometimes I feel like writing a novel about all the topic's I want to write. This world, My children, My beliefs, My opinions politically, My parenting mistakes and learning growth, The pets around me... and so much more.
Sometimes I don't have that want to write either. Especially with this world that has become so critical. You can't have an opinion, thought or even a belief with out being judged or put down. It makes me so sad! The art of forgiveness is lost too.
I guess I'll talk about my conversation I had with a couple of my kids last night. One child wanted to sleep in another child's room. They do this from time to time, but sometime one does not want the other to invade their space. This was the case last night. I took them both and sat them down. I explained to one, that sometimes personal space is important and they have to be OK with accepting "No, not tonight".
Some how this got me on the topic about how I hope all of my children can learn the thing called forgiveness and true love for one another. I told them how too many people in this world have no time to forgive but have all the time in the world to point fingers, judge and wish horrible things on others. I brought up a new's article I read earlier that day, about a young man who turned himself in to the police (or confessed at least to his wrongful doing). I think this man was in his early 20's. He had sexually abused a 4-5 year old girl when he was around the age of 14-16. The judge sentenced him to 60 days in Jail and 2 years probation. Mainly because he was a minor when this happened.
I spent time reading horrible comments, which made me super sad. I completely understand why people are upset. Something like this is very hard to imagine. But people don't know all the facts and it really bothered me that so many people were wishing such horrible things on this young man.
I feel this country lacks on proper mental health care... which honestly is what this man really needs. It is a sickness that needs to be addressed. And this man must of had some kind of trauma himself in his child hood to do such a thing to a little girl. Where were the people who could have helped him back then? I don't want to judge this man. That IS God's job. I don't wish horrible things on him as well. I wish for him to get the proper help he needs. THESE are the things I was explaining to my kids last night... in hoping they can truly learn not to judge and learn the power of forgiveness. THAT is what makes people heal instead of wishing private parts being cut off, or even death. Like my mom always said, "Two wrongs don't make a right!" And I leave you with that!
Moi~
No comments:
Post a Comment