Friday, August 29, 2008

Hurricane Phoenix

So last night we had a HUGE storm. And where we live usually misses all the rain and such. But not last night! I think our area got it the worse. I'm calling it Hurricane Phoenix! I've added some pictures below too. It all started around 9ish last night when the wind really picked up. Then it started to pour hard. We enjoyed watching it and having the power out.. although the powered ended up being out for about 12 hours. I think Gabe was a little frightened so he snuck in my room at night (he does that from time to time anyways). I think this actually was one of the worse storms that Phoenix has had in awhile. The wind power I heard was 79 mph.

So other than that.... Gabe's school work is fun.. He's enjoying being home.. BUT sometimes he's not as motivated in doing his school work with me.. so after hounding him for awhile he eventually gets it all done. And some day's he does more work to be ahead of the game. His reading is pretty good. And his math is pretty good too. There are some challenges of homeschooling.. but over all I think it's well worth those challenges. :)

Right now Gabe is playing rock band with Georgia's boyfriend.. it's rather cute. He LOVES Georgia's boyfriend.. haha.. and he gets overly excited when he comes over.

The other day (Not last night) there was a rain storm. We all went outside and had ton's of fun playing in the rain... there are pictures of that too.

And .. I think that's about it for now.. everything is pretty much the same.. busy busy :)


Here is a tree that was in the Park.



And another one...


Here's a power line that's uh... bent???


And a Street light...


Sooo.. this.. was a tree... on a house... (obviously) poor house :(



Our friends house just down the street... their neighbor's tree went kabloom on their driveway..Luckily their car wasn't there!


Different storm... Dominic playing in the rain!


Cuteeeeeee lil'boy!


Gabe wanted a turn on that bike.. Dominic was NOT happy!

Well thats it :)

No comments: