Well the day finally came when we got that call... the call that would change our life's in a big way. 3 beautiful girls needed a place to stay.
When I first received the call, I was very excited. Then reminder of the DCFS lady haunted my mind, "I encourage you to say no if it feels wrong and don't feel like you have to say yes to the very first call."
But it was girls!! Me having only boy's, loves the idea of having girls in the house. As of yesterday I was the only girl here. Now us girls over power the boys! MOUAHAHAHAHA. :)
We picked them up late afternoon. Everything was peachy keen. Then... Bed time arrived. This was where I had to question if I was up to this. The worst part of it all, it was I who didn't sleep much. The kids all slept pretty good.. Baby woke up once and the 2 year old took some time actually going to bed.. but other than that it was a nice night.
The cutest part of last night was the sweet 2 year old wanted to snuggle with Scott. She ended up falling asleep in his lap. I think she really likes Scott, even more so then she likes me! She's already given him a hug.. thats one up on me.
My Boys are enjoying the girls. I'm not looking forward for the honeymoon stage to disappear and they act more like siblings then fun new friends. Gabe has been so helpful with the baby. I think he really likes babies. He was playing with her while I tried to finish up my laundry.. and I even caught him trying to hold her just out of the blue. =)
The oldest is a sweetheart. She's very polite and seems to be a happy girl. Seems as if she's taking the change of atmosphere easy.. Hopefully this is the case and she's not putting up an act.
I know this is just the beginning and I'm sure it might get a bit stressful in the up coming future, so I best enjoy it as much as I can now.
I am grateful for this opportunity to help these sweet little angels :)
Moi~
2 comments:
Wow, Jill, I admire your courage and selflessness in taking in these girls. The part about the two year-old wanting to snuggle with Scott made me get all teary-eyed. Must be hormones. Good luck!
That's so awesome! You and Scott are the perfect people for this! I'm so happy it worked out.
Post a Comment